I'm getting 'page could not be loaded' from all the Find views e.g. Index, Statistics and Optimizations, in the edit-mode after updating to the latest patch 10 of EPiServer 7.5. The detailed error is as follows:
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Value cannot be null.Parameter name: source
Line 1: <%@ Master Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/EPiServerFindEmbeddedResources/EPiServer.Find.Framework.dll/EPiServer.Find.Framework.UI.Views.Shared.Module.Master" Inherits="System.Web.Mvc.ViewMasterPage" %>
Line 2: <%@ Import Namespace="System.Web.Mvc" %>
Line 3: <%@ Import Namespace="System.Web.Mvc.Html" %>
Source File: /EPiServerFindEmbeddedResources/EPiServer.Find.Framework.dll/EPiServer.Find.Framework.UI.Views.Shared.Optimizations.Master Line: 1
I tried reinstalling the Find packages but the problem persists. Any ideas on what's causing this? Thanks!
We are investigating what might cause this.
We have now released a fix for this. If you do a new install of Find from Nuget it is fixed.
Sorry for any problems this have caused.
Great! Got the update working fine. One thing to note was that during the update the Find packages lost their version number from the project file. Also the reference was set to private. So I ended up with this:
<Reference Include="EPiServer.Find.Framework"> <Private>True</Private> <HintPath>..\packages\EPiServer.Find.Framework.7.5.448.68\lib\net40\EPiServer.Find.Framework.dll</HintPath></Reference>
<Reference Include="EPiServer.Find.Framework, Version=7.5.448.68, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7, processorArchitecture=MSIL"> <SpecificVersion>False</SpecificVersion> <HintPath>..\packages\EPiServer.Find.Framework.7.5.448.68\lib\net40\EPiServer.Find.Framework.dll</HintPath> </Reference>
This was easy to fix though.
I have the same problem with the latest version of EPiServer.Find 7.0 (version 7.0.586.24)
I have downgraded to 7.0.586.16 and are good to go for the moment.