Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cannot delete block content type through CMS backend

Vote:

We created a solution to be able to tag our customer stories in the CMS backend and then allow users to filter them through the frontend.

We created the categories through code. I had to delete one of them i.e. delete the code.

Now in the EpiServer CMS in the Admin > Content Type I am unable to delete these content types. I see a small warning icon next to 2 of them that have been deleted from the code. But when I attempt to delete them I see the message: The content type could not be deleted since it is in use.

I have tried restarting the web app based on what I have read online, but this did not help.

I would be thankful for any other suggestions.

Jan 27, 2021 12:19
Vote:

Hi,

First, you have to find the content item created using this content type and delete them, and then you will be able to delete it.

Jan 27, 2021 13:09
Vote:

Jan 27, 2021 13:23
Vote:

Another option to find content is to go in Find -> Overview screen

You can find content based on a particular content type along with content ids. Search these content ids in CMS -> blocks section (right side window) or pages content tree.

Find with Ids and delete them. Clear Trashed content as well.

Jan 27, 2021 16:53
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.