Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

DXP, App Insights & AMP Pages

Vote:

Hi All,

As you know DXP is injecting AMP script to track browser performance as well as the page views. 

For one of our clients, we render the AMP version of the articles. Application insights script tag is breaking the AMP validation and causing all the AMP articles to be removed from Google SERPs. Having contacted the support team, removing script tracking (setting APPINSIGHTS_JAVASCRIPT_ENABLED to false) is not supported.

Have any of you faced this issue before? 

Thanks,
Maciej

Sep 29, 2020 9:01
Vote:

Hi Maciej,

I was inquiring the same thing, here's the response I received.

"It is mandatory to have this javascript injection on each page.
This is how we track your page views, which is the consumption metric for your contract.

See https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/digital-experience-platform/consumption-metrics for more information."

Please let me know if you find out any different information.

Thanks,

-Josh

Oct 01, 2020 15:03
Vote:

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your input.

That's exactly what I have been told. Have you found a way for the AMP pages to pass the validation by any chance?

Thanks,
Maciej

Oct 01, 2020 15:11
Vote:

Hi Maciej and Josh,

I know, it's an old topic, but we are also trying to solve same issue with AMP pages.

Have you found any solution? Tracking from the backend perhaps?

Thanks,
Dawid

Feb 11, 2021 7:29
Vote:

Hello @Dawid,

Unfortunately we have not, our marketing team is upset but we are waiting as well. We have been considering self hosting instead.

Thanks,

-Josh

Mar 10, 2021 17:44
Vote:

A popular app amongst users is the one that is widely used in all spheres, such as travel, entertainment, health & fitness, social networking and so forth.

Apr 14, 2021 14:33
Vote:

Thanks for this case. I also have the same situation.

Sep 16, 2021 14:15
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.