Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

What's the trick to adding a title to a section of fields in the CMS user interface on a block or page?

Vote:

This question is specific to a commerce content type, but I feel like it applies to any PageData or BlockData as well. When you ase defining your model, you can define GroupNames that allow you to separate your properties into columns on the user interface. HOWEVER if you want to create a section title for a certain group of fields, how are you able to accomplish that?

A perfect example of this is in the Commerce module, inside the "Content" GroupName on the backend item editor UX, there's a title above the SEO built in fields (SeoInformation in EntryContentBase) that says "SEO Information" (rendered as a <legend> element to make it bold and stand out as a section of properties).

If I peek at the definition of SeoInformation, I can tell that it's actually a BlockData (which is interesting to me, not something I considered doing), but I don't see anywhere that a title for this "section" in the UX is defined in the metadata that I can review.

I'm guessing that if I want to create a section of fields to make my UX easier to understand for modules that require ALOT of fields, I would need to define a blockdata with those fields, and somehow give a title or .. groupname attribute to it maybe?

Has anyone accomplished this before?

Jul 16, 2020 14:41
Vote:

Jul 16, 2020 18:00
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.