Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Can't create page types or block types in CMS 11 project

Vote:

Hello,

I'm trying to create a new page type in my CMS 11 project but I just can't. See the error below. I have been testing with a brand new and empty page type and I have even tested with a new block type with the same result. I've never seen this error before so any help will be highly appreciated!!

Edited, Jun 18, 2020 7:56
Vote:

Hi Kenia,

You can check below -

1. Check whether your IIS user has proper permission.
  2. Delete the current database and try Initialize-EPiDatabase command to initialize a new database copy
  3. If these solutions do not work for you then create a new project and the copy you code there and give a try
Jun 18, 2020 12:53
Vote:

Hey Kenia,

Try SQL queries:

1. Check MetaDataInherit column value using a select statement.

SELECT MetaDataInherit FROM tblContentType

2. If you are getting NULL value for the MetaDataInherit column then set default (0) value using the below query and then try to create block or page.

ALTER TABLE tblContentType
ADD CONSTRAINT DF_tblContentType_MetaDataInherit
DEFAULT 0 FOR MetaDataInherit;

Jun 18, 2020 13:07
Vote:

Well the thing is that the MetaDataInherit column has all values set to 0. So if I exclude the new page type the site is loading without problems.

The issue is when creating the new page type. For some reason this column is not being initialized. I don't see where I can do this..

I'm going to try and create a new database and see what happens.

Jun 18, 2020 13:11
Sanjay Kumar - Jun 18, 2020 13:14
I hope with the new database that will work. But if does not work again then run SQL profiler to see which SP called on the save event and trace the query.
Vote:

I created a new database, updated schema and exported data. THen the problem was gone.

No idea what caused it in the first place.

Thank you guys for the help!

Jun 22, 2020 9:23
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.