Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Update page property content via SQL queries

Vote:

Hello!

I'm trying to change a specific word to another word on all pages on my website via SQL queries to the database. I have managed to do this by doing a update query on the views tblProperty and tblPageLanguage. Nothing breaks and I can't find any trace of the replaced word on the site, except for one place.

When I enter editor mode and edit a page, the old word is still present in the properties view. As soon as I make any edit to, for example, a XHTML-property and publish, the old words once again appears on the page.

My question is where this text is saved in the SQL database.

Best regards

Edited, May 19, 2020 11:21
Vote:

I think this is because the content is cached. 

When you enter edit mode, you do not get the data directly from the database, but from the cached version.

To verify, run iisreset after manually updating the database.

Option for clearing cache from admin mode: 
https://world.episerver.com/blogs/joe-mayberry/dates/2019/2/working-with-the-local-object-cache/

May 20, 2020 8:44
Vote:

Thank you for your answer, Tomas!

Turns out there is a view in the database called "tblWorkProperty" that had the data I was looking for. However, this might be a special case and my solution may not work for everyone. Just thought I would make an update if anyone else runs into the same problem as me.

Best regards

Jun 03, 2020 7:11
Vote:

The table tblContentProperty holds property values for published versions of your content, and tblWorkContentProperty holds property values for previously published content versions and drafts.

Jun 03, 2020 8:50
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.