Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Need Help Eliminating "Object Moved Here" page

Vote:

Hey Devs, 

Just have a task this week to figure out how to use the 404 page instead of the pesky "Object Moved Here" page. Is there a way to route Visitors and CMS Editors to a 404 instead of the "Object moved here" page? Any hints or advice would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Nov 13, 2019 19:33
Vote:

Hi,

You can use a third-party solution.

https://github.com/Geta/404handler

Edited, Nov 16, 2019 14:20
Vote:

@Ravindra -- I will try out this solution. We actually are already using the custom redirect manager. Could you recommend how to use the redirect manager for any instance of object moved here? It is an address that changes based on the content. 

Also, could you tell me a little more about Object Moved here? Is Object Moved Here based on a specfic Error Code? I cannot find much information on it at all. 

If Object Moved Here is based on a specfic error code, I am curious as to why I can't just write a handler for it in the Web.config that covers it anytime it comes up. Please let me know what you think. Thank you so much!

Nov 18, 2019 15:15
Vote:

Are you using Response.Redirect? It's not always work as expected. Sometimes you may get "Object moved to here" with a status code of 302. The recommedation would be, you manually set the status code 301 to redirect permanantly.

Response.StatusCode = 301; 
Response.StatusDescription = "Moved Permanently";
Response.RedirectLocation = "REDIRECT PAGE URL";
Response.Flush();
Nov 18, 2019 19:44
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.