Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Want to know what each page has as its categories

Vote:

Hi!

Hoping someone can help me here. I need to audit the categories for all of the pages in our cms on a regular basis and I don't know the best way of doing this... or let's face it - even a way of doing this.

I've seen other posts here regarding how to do this programatically for a single page, but what I really need is some way / tool for going through each page - maybe even each block - and reporting back what the associated categories are. 

It could even be the other way around, so for each category we have, reporting back which pages / blocks have been tagged with it.

We're on v11.4 and I can't see anything in the admin section that would fit the bill. I've also had a look to see if I can do this via an SQL script (not to the live database of course, a local copy) - but I'm rather new to EPiServer and haven't wrapped my head around the database.

Any thoughts, ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Alex

Jun 25, 2018 15:16
Vote:

Hi Alex,

Assuming you want to create this report on an ad-hoc basis, this sounds like something which would be best handled by a custom report. There's a pretty good guide on how to create one here:

https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/CMS/creating-custom-reports/

The report would need to go through each content item on the site and pull out the categories in a similar way to described in your link. If there's a lot of content on your site, it may not be feasible to do this on an ad-hoc basis, in which case you may be better using a scheduled job to create the report then maybe email out the report or store it in a protected folder in the media library for future reference.

Hope that helps,

Paul

Jun 25, 2018 19:45
Vote:

Thank you Paul,

looks like a good starting point!

Alex

Jun 26, 2018 14:09
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.