Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Some content in lists disappears

Vote:

Hi,

We have EPi CMS 11.8.0 running in Azure and we have a strange issue there with some content.

This is the setup:

Startpage
 -has a content area with some blocks

QuoteListBlock
 -has property public virtual IList Quotes { get; set; }
  -Quotes references 2 QuoteBlock

Now the issue. I think it happens when we deploy code but not sure. 
The code loops through all blocks in Startpage.ContentArea and fetches all blocks by this:
var contentData = _contentRepository.Get(areaItem.ContentLink);

But when I get back the QuoteListBlock the Quotes property is empty. Even though it has blocks when I look in the CMS.
And after a while, even without deploy, when I edit the QuoteListBlock there are no content references. They are gone.

Have anyone seen this before? I don't know where to start looking.

Thanks,
Rickard

Jun 12, 2018 22:46
Vote:

Could it be that that you have differences in your host mappings (in Admin/Manage WebSites) regarding language mappings between your environments?

My thought is that then perhaps the langauges of your blocks does not match the language determined for your request, then those blocks will not be shown (unless you have configured fallback languages).

Jun 18, 2018 8:38
Vote:

Some other people seem to have the same problem here: https://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/-Episerver-75-CMS/Thread-Container/2018/2/weird-issue-with-items-dissapearing-from-contentreferencelist/

The host mapping is this:

Culture: sv

Type: [empty]

Scheme: https

Not using site-specific assets

One site mapped to one url

Swedish and english enabled, with english before swedish in "Manage website languages".

Jun 18, 2018 10:50
Vote:

I see, the issue is about ContentReferenceList. I thought it was a ContentArea.

I saw that you created a support case around this, good. Lets try to remember to update this and the other thread later when we have cleared this issue out.

Jun 19, 2018 8:38
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.