Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver Certification - Practice Tests

Ayo
Ayo
Vote:

Hi Guys, 

I have been working on my first Episerver project over the last few weeks, coming from an Umbraco Back ground I can see lots of similar concepts and now I understand the basics I am starting to enjoy this Episerver thing.

When learning something new I have always found it useful to read the documentation, but all so where possible do a certification.

I haven't decided yet if I will take up an Episerver Certification, but are there any practice/mock questions avalible? Then I can study each each question, a great way to jumpstart learning.

Apr 13, 2018 18:14
Vote:

I haven't seen any practice tests such as for example the MeasureUp ones available for MS tests.

There have been quite a few blog posts on which areas to not miss:
https://world.episerver.com/Search/?searchQuery=%22certification%20exam%22&currentPage=1&sortByDate=True&sectionFilter=Blogs&authorFilter=&forumFilter=&type=content

The exam for 11 is just out also. From what I understand it's a bit more streamlined but there are some areas around addons (A/B testing, Forms in particular) and DXC Service that are easy to miss and that you might not ever install or work with.

Apr 14, 2018 14:06
Vote:

There are no practice tests available. I appeared for the remote test on 12th of April and passed it provisionally. The test was based on Episerver 10. You have 2 hours to complete the exam and passing cut off is 60%. There are some questions regarding DXC. forms and xforms.

Read about the knowledge areas (https://www.episerver.com/services/education/episerver-certification/episerver-cms/)

Good luck.

Edited, Apr 14, 2018 22:47
Vote:

Episerver CMS 11 exam became available on Friday 13th April 2018. Episerver CMS 10 exam will retire on 30th June 2018. Publicly scheduled dates for remote exam takers are 17 May and 7 June. During those dates exam takers will be able to choose to take either Episerver CMS 10 or Episerver CMS 11 exam.

To help you prepare for the new Episerver CMS 11 exam, these are my personal recommendations:

Knowledge Areas page has been updated and should be used to prepare: https://www.episerver.com/services/education/episerver-certification/episerver-cms/
Note that Mirroring is gone, and there are new areas like Breaking changes, New features, Notifications, Forms, A/B testing, and Content approvals.

Breaking changes, New features: ECD status lasts for two years because ECDs need to stay up-to-date. Part of that is knowing the latest versions so the exam puts emphasis on the breaking changes and new features introduced in the last two major versions, i.e. Episerver CMS 10 and 11.

DXC Service: In the Episerver CMS 9 and 10 exams there were “a couple” of questions about DXC Service. I would now say there are “more than a few” although they are still "high-level" and relate to the differences in development and deployment considerations when choosing between on-premise and DXC Service hosting.

A/B testing, Forms: although these are distributed and installed as add-ons, they are implemented in most Episerver CMS solutions and Forms is an official replacement for XForms that used to be part of the core platform. You should therefore expect questions about implementing those add-ons in the exam. This is an exam that earns the passer Episerver Certified Developer status. ECDs need to know more than just the core EPiServer.CMS NuGet packages.

Episerver Education Services offers training courses that cover all the most important knowledge areas for both real world development and help students prepare for the exam. If you are completely new to the Episerver platform, I would recommend Episerver CMS Developer Boot Camp (5 days including the exam). If you already have some experience with Episerver CMS, I would recommend Episerver CMS Advanced Development (3 days). If you are already certified on an older version, I would recommend Episerver CMS Masterclass (2 days including the exam).

Apr 15, 2018 11:11
Vote:

I wrote a blog post a while ago. Good luck!

https://world.episerver.com/blogs/aniket-gadre/dates/2017/3/episerver-certification-9-0/

Apr 15, 2018 18:00
Vote:

Hi Mark,

Does it mean that Epi 10 exam has Mirroring and Epi 11 exam will have not? Do you know if some other obsolete topics like XForms were cleaned-up as well?

Thanks in advance

Jun 22, 2018 19:10
Vote:

Edited, Oct 03, 2018 22:30
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.