Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Conflict In TinyMCESettings Configuration

Vote:

I have just started to work on migrating an old project into EpiServer 11 but have hit a snag when trying to run the solution on my local development machine.  As soon as a debug of the solution is started an error screen appears with the message:

"Multiple property settings ([Some Value],[Some Other Value]) for the same settings type EPiServer.Editor.TinyMCE.TinyMCESettings with IsDefault = true."

Any help on how to overcome this issue would be much appreciated.

Feb 12, 2018 14:47
Vote:

I identified the issue was due to the project name and namespace having being changed in the past, but some old files were not removed from the source repository.  When the solution was built for debug, the old files were causing a second copy of global.asax to be generated which in turn caused the initialisation modules to execute twice and hence create duplicate entries in the property settings.  

I removed the old files and the solution built without isssue.

Feb 13, 2018 8:58
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.