Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Is a long load time normal (> 1 1/2 minutes)?

Vote:

Whenever we publish new code, build on localhost, or have to restart the application pool, Epi takes a minute and half or longer to come up. Is this a normal load time? I am trying to figure out if this is normal for Epi or if we have introduced something that slows it down.

We run CMS 11, Commerce 11, and Find if that helps.

Thanks

Nov 01, 2018 21:47
Vote:

When you ask it something is normal, then it is probably is not. I would suggest to use a profiler (such as dotTrace) to profile which tasks are slow during startup. However it sounds to me that this might have something to do with FindCommerce taking time applying the conventions during start up. Make sure you do not have network or firewall setting that might prevent it from happening 

Nov 02, 2018 7:21
Vote:

You can install the developer tools package https://github.com/episerver/DeveloperTools. It contains a view where you can see the initiailization time for the different Initialization Modules and then you hopefully get a better insight in whats causing those long initializations. 

Nov 02, 2018 8:50
Vote:

Thanks Quan and Johan. I am going to try out the dev tools to see how long the initialization modules are taking.

Nov 02, 2018 14:28
Vote:

Just adding to the previous answers that if you don't want to install anything then you could use the built-in debug views or this post. Only downside in this is that you need to be in the "Administrators" group/role to be able to access the views after addingthe appsettings key. Depending on your authentication setup this might not be an option unless you create a virtual role "Administrators" in virtual roles to map some other role to this role.

Nov 02, 2018 18:58
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.