Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Adding another row of buttons to edit toolbar?

Vote:

We're familiar with _GlobalToolbarCommandProvider and how to hook into it to add additional buttons to the global editing toolbar. 

We would however like to add an additional ROW to the editing toolbar, located BELOW the standard editing toolbar (with publish and breadcrumbs), with its own commands, and only when the editor is on a specific page type. To give you an example, I've mocked up a very quick, rough, and dirty idea of what it is we're trying to accomplish.

Mockup

The purpose of the additional toolbar is to bring editor's attention to certain actions they can perform with the system (such as populate the page with default blocks, etc). It wouldn't toggle a boolean or change settings on the page, but rather allow executing predefined actions on various page types.

Currently our solution is spitting out the buttons on the page itself in edit mode, but would much prefer to have it be part of the epi toolbars. If there's a way to anchor an element in the editing view iframe to be sticky right beneath the main toolbar, that would work too...

I've tried understanding how the epi standard toolbar places itself in the editing view, but it looks like it's not as easily extensible as the global toolbar... or I'm just missing something :( 

Edited, Jan 29, 2018 14:29
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.