Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom Javascript on page\pass data to page

Vote:

Hi,

I've been asked by a client to implement a new form on their EPIServer platform. I've gone through and created that and is all working well. However, as this is part of an integration, they would like to be able to pass the page an encoded value on a url. This value should then be decoded by the page (it will be an email address) & used to pre-populate the email field on the form.

I have limited access to the EPIServer platform (and same experience in EPIServer) it appears as though my rights are restricted to create and edit pages\forms. I initially thought that I could just insert some javascript on the page to decode and set the value. However, after looking around for some help, this doesnt seem possible. It seems as though I either need to create a Custom controller\page, Custom Block or a ClientResourceRegister (I dont think the AutoFill API can help here)

Before I start down any of these routes, can anyone advise whether either of these paths are correct? Has anyone done anything similar and can advise?

Thanks

BH

Aug 23, 2017 12:58
Vote:

As an editor you will not be able to inject any scripts into the form.

You need a page/block with its own view where you would place the javascript that does what you need (decoding, encoding, prepopulating initial values, etc..).

You don't need a controller or ClientResourceRegister

Aug 29, 2017 9:07
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.