Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Create Product Page

Vote:

Hi,

Can someone provide me a pointer how to create and display a custom product page in Quick silver app. Please refer any article if available.

Thanks.

Jul 06, 2017 14:21
Vote:

Hi,

Take a look at https://github.com/episerver/Quicksilver/blob/master/Sources/EPiServer.Reference.Commerce.Site/Features/Product/Controllers/ProductController.cs 

You need to create controller and view for your new product type.

Something like this:

public class MyProductController : ContentController<MyProduct>
{
    public ActionResult Index(MyProduct currentContent)
    {
        // return view
    }
}
Jul 06, 2017 14:48
Vote:

Hi Dejan,

Thanks for the pointer.

Can I do it without code as well. Like as an end user, if I have to create a separate category similar to Fashion in quick silver app, what should I do. I want to add a book category and inside it, I want to add few books as Product. Once added I want to see my books with details(metafields) on web page in View mode. I didn't get any article on this.

To achieve the above, I have created Book Metaclass and attached few book related attribute as Metafield to this meta class. Then I went to Commerce Manger and under book catalog, I have added 2 book title as Product. On same page, in another tab "SEO", it display me SEO url as "Product name+ + "-en.aspx".

Does this means, after publishing this catalog, if I navigate to "http://localhost:50244/en/books/ProductName-en.aspx, it will display my product item automatically? OR do I need to create this page explicitly using code which yu refer above.

Thanks.

Jul 06, 2017 15:03
Vote:

Maybe you can solve this with a base class and foreach loop that shows all metadata fields, but I would go for a code-first approach.

• It's been mentioned that Episerver will remove Commerce Manager. That may take some time, though.
  • You shouldn't update products/variants from CM. CM doesn't support content versioning.
  • Code-first approach will make your life much easier when you have to deploy the application to different environments. 
Edited, Jul 07, 2017 10:21
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.