Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Can't load any membership providers

Vote:

Hello,

I have just loaded an Alloy example site and was starting to look at logging into episerver. However, when I checked the and sections in web.config, they were empty. 

So after checking the docs at https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/CMS/security/Authentication-and-authorization/, I filled out this section with the following config:

However, when I load the site now I get the following error message displayed:

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'EPiServer.Security.WindowsRoleProvider' from assembly 'EPiServer'.

Does anyone know why this might be happening? As I'm using configuration straight out the latest docs I would have thought this would work..

Thanks,

Sam

Dec 30, 2017 15:52
Vote:

Alloy uses AspNetIdentity by default, so you don't have to configure membership provider and role manager. those configurations are intentionally empty. 

Dec 30, 2017 20:21
Vote:

The membership/role providers has in CMS 11 been moved to assembly EPiServer.Cms.AspNet (in prior versions they where in assembly EPiServer) so change your configuration to refer assembly EPiServer.Cms.AspNet instead (if you want to use membership/role providers)

Jan 08, 2018 13:47
Vote:

@Johan - So I referenced EPiServer.Cms.AspNet instead and now the application will load, but the WindowsMembershipProvider & WindowsRoleProvider still won't let me log in with a Windows user. Is there any additional config that I need to change in order to use this provider?

Jan 13, 2018 13:16
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.