Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Use other source to send mail from SendEmailAfterSubmissionActor

Vote:

Hi,

Problem to solve:

The users have created a form and using the "built in" SendEmailAfterSubmissionActor, to send mail after submit. This senario works fine, but in this solution we need to use a webservice  to send the mail (this just applies to forms, other functions will still use smtp).

Part of the problem is that I still want to use the "insert placeholder" functionality from  the SendEmailAfterSubmissionActor-template.  I want to avoid to rewrite all the code for the "insert placeholder", and rely on Epi standards.

I tried to create a custom actor, which leaves me with the problem that I don't know how to implement "insert placeholder" functionality

Anyone have suggestions how to solve this problem?

Jan 19, 2017 12:17
Vote:

Did you try to dig into existing actor source code? Not at PC right now, but that might gve you some hints..

Jan 23, 2017 8:12
Vote:

Create a class that inherits from SendEmailAfterSubmissionActor and then rewrite the method called SendMessage() to handle the message in a prefered way.

This blogpost should suit your question https://getadigital.com/nl/blog/replacing-built-in-email-actor-with-custom-implementation-in-episerver-forms/

Jun 15, 2017 14:56
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.