Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Best way to add workroom functionality in latest versions of Episerver

Vote:

Hi there!

I wonder what the best way to add workroom functionality to an Episerver intranet is nowadays (version 8). In older versions it was possible to use the workrooms module that came with Alloy sample project, but according to what I've read here in the forums it seems to be a nightmare to upgrade, like you basically have to rewrite the whole module.  There's as well the Content Collaboration add-on (http://world.episerver.com/add-ons/content-collaboration/)  but it's not the same functionality. What options are there left? Program it from scratch I guess?

So based on your experience, what alternative would you go for?

Thanks!

/Kenia

Aug 24, 2016 16:08
Vote:

Hi,

The way is to add new functionality yourself, episerver does not work the same way as in the old workroom also it was based on webforms and not mvc. You could have it as a guide to what you would like to achieve but rewrite and implement it in mvc instead and look at the needs that the customer have when building workrooms.

Sadly rewrite from scratch.

As you said content collaboration is not for visitors of the website and something you can use to build workrooms.

Aug 24, 2016 17:36
Vote:

Hi Eric! And thanks for your reply.

We're still in the process of deciding what functions we're going to build in this project and how. It seems sadly that as you say rewriting from scratch is the only option for workrooms in these new versions of Epi. Strange though that nobody seems to have created it as a module and published it.. you find otherwise a lot of add-ons and modules in general that are pretty much ready to download and use in projects.

Sep 12, 2016 16:45
Vote:

Hi, If you are still interested we have templates/code for this that I can share with you. Email me direclty if you like to get in contact for this :) This is not based on the new api but is custom upon epi and based on pages blocks that you are familiar with.

Dec 20, 2016 14:41
Vote:

Thanks Eric! I'll get in touch with you via mail.

Dec 20, 2016 15:11
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.