Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Upload file limit in EpiServer?

Vote:

Hi,

This is probably going to be an easy one. So I have changed my web.config to allow bigger files for uploading. I set 100mb, yet files under 40 upload. Is there a place in the EpiServer admin UI where we can set another limit? Or perhaps some EpiServer API that lets us set this in code?

Thanks in advance.

Mar 29, 2016 22:40
Vote:

There is no place in the admin UI to set this limit, it is done in the web.config.

You'll need to set both maxAllowedContentLength (used by ASP.NET) and maxRequestLength (used by IIS). They should be the same value.

See this post: http://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/-EPiServer-75-CMS/Thread-Container/2014/8/Upload-media-file-Timed-out-or-max-file-size-exceeded/

Mar 30, 2016 9:10
Vote:

Thanks so much. That is what I thought, but since we are still running into problems, I wanted to confirm. Maybe it is timing out. Let me try that now. Thanks again!

Mar 30, 2016 22:00
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.