Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Getting "Page Not Found" from content type after upgrading to 8.9

Vote:

Hi,

I upgraded my site from 7.11 to 8.9. Everything seems fine except for a custom type called Article. When one clicks this content, it returns "Page Not Found". It only seems to affect this content type. When I find the articles in the admin area, I can see the content and setting, but it will fail in the preview and when I navigate to the page.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Feb 03, 2016 22:48
Vote:

Logs say anything when starting up site?

Got any Url properties that should be migrated to new media files and content references?

Feb 03, 2016 23:08
Vote:

That may be the issue, actually. The links seem to be the problem. So the properties of a URL could have broken? How would I go around to check that?

Feb 04, 2016 18:57
Vote:

You need to get rid of the old url type properties to files and use content references instead.

Also need to migrate old vpp files if you havent already

http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Items/Upgrading/Episerver-CMS/75/Migrating-VPP-based-files-to-the-new-media-system/

Feb 04, 2016 23:04
Vote:

Ah, thank you!

I looked into the documents. Those don't need migration because the site was started in 7.5. The errors that I see in the logs are connected with a missing Episerver.Social and problems with indexing not being able to work.

Feb 05, 2016 20:33
Vote:

Update on this one. It looks like the link updated to the format link/{hash}.aspx There is a custom router that expects {category}/article/name  . I am going to look for documentation on how to work with link/{hash}.axpx format

Feb 08, 2016 17:40
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.