Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

thought process developing eipserver website

JV
JV
Vote:

Hi All,

I'm a new bee to EpiServer CMS and given a task to build a site, as per design. I have read through some of the EpiServer documentation (fundamentals) and have downloaded some code samples, viewed some youtube examples, to get some clues. I have experience in C#, ASP.NET and familiar with ASP.NET MVC. 

I would like to understand what is the development thought process that we should go with while coding the EpiServer CMS site (from scratch). Do we start listing out properties required for every page and then create classes accordingly? What is the recommended approch? How we can decide on page heirarchy? What will happen if I change the heirarchy in the Edit mode? Also I was wondering how database relationships are maintained/created when we don't get direct chance to design/create database and tables.

Any guidelines or links or books that will help me build the thought process? Also my company is not interested bearing cost of training, since EpiServer is based on .NET and C# (I guess that is what EpiServer also says), I could learn on my own. :(

Currently I am working on EpiServer version 10.1 and also downloaded Alloy sample site. Also built simple Page templates and Block templates successfully, but I felt lost when I got the website design having multiple pages. Pages linked to some other pages etc..  

Thanks and Regards

JV

Dec 15, 2016 11:23
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.