Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Change /link/ to /"sitename"link/ ?

Vote:

Hello!

Is there a way of changing episervers /link to for example /"sitename"link ?

www.xxx.com/link/..... => www.xxx.com/xxxlink/....

Dec 16, 2016 16:30
Vote:

Not sure if I understand what you mean. But you can for example use the CreatedUrlSegment-event and always prepend the name with sitename.

An example of using the event

Dec 18, 2016 23:33
Vote:

I have a multi license. There are two sites A and B.

Site A has a host www.a.com and site B has a host www2.a.com.

The domain www2.a.com is then, outside of epi, redirected to www2.a.com/site (the server has a rule redirecting the root host www2.a.com to www.a.com as well).

This of course causes problems to site B regarding episervers use of permanent links.

The business does not want to give site B its own domain. It should look like it belongs to www.a.com therefor the use of www2.a.com (that is a subdomain to www.a.com).

Is there a way for me to somehow resolve this issue without changing the hosts of the sites? Is there a way in some config or such that I can change so that the server will know where to route the permanent links like www2.a.com/link/.... 

Or is there a way of changing the url from www2.a.com/link/.... to www2.a.com/something/link/.... ?

Edited, Dec 19, 2016 15:55
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.