Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

wildcard domain setup

x
x
Vote:

I want to run a multisite setup, hosted in Azure Website.

site1.domain.com
site2.domain.com
site3.domain.com
site4.domain.com

I have not found any EPiServer document that goes into detail about that for Azure Website.

I have followed this guide for the DNS and Azure website setup, and created a CNAME entry *.domain.com -> site.azurewebsites.net.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/azure-websites-and-wildcard-domains/

When I setup the EPiServer website, and access it I get below error:

---- error ----

Incorrect link

The link you gave does not work, either because the page it points to has been deleted or moved. If you clicked on a link, please inform the site’s webmaster that the link is faulty.

--------------

Anybody who can help?

Sep 24, 2015 12:46
Vote:

Haven't tried with names, but I susspect that you still need to enlist all host names you want EPiServer to answer to. Frontend is not yet available if host names are not configured or configured incorrectly. However - EPiServer CMS UI part is still accessible. So you can login in CMS (/episerver, /cms or any other path you have setup) and then go to WebSites and add all host names needed.

Sep 28, 2015 8:25
x
Vote:

Thanks for your answer.

I have already configured the host names in WebSites, and also assigned a start page. I can still login via the hostname assigned for my Azure website.

If I go to /episerver/cms on one of the new domains, it fails to login ("Login failed")

Is it possible to get verbose error messages?

There is not a lot of knowledge about this, so wondering whether it is recommended to run EPiServer on Azure Websites at all?

Edited, Sep 28, 2015 9:10
Vote:

Are you able to login at all? It may not be related with hosting setup - either in Azure or anywhere else. Have you checked documentation how to get access to site deployed to cloud (you need to "create" your user before - "5. Creating an admin/edit user")? 

http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/EPiServer-CMS/75/Deployment/Deployment-scenarios/Deploying-to-Azure-websites/

Sep 28, 2015 9:14
x
Vote:

Yes I have followed that guide, and created the groups WebAdmins, WebEditors and some users - that all works as expected.

I can login via the azurewebsites.net domain.

Sep 28, 2015 9:27
Vote:

If you enable traceing in Azure portal for the website and then look inside Visual Studio with the Azure SDK installed, can you see if there are any loggs about what happens?

Sep 28, 2015 12:53
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.