Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

upgrading

Vote:

After upgrading to episerver 8.11 I bumped into a problem regarding assembly references.

The error points out that System.Web.Mvc does not match the assembly reference. It works on my local computer, which confuses me. I have version 4.0.20710.0 of the DLL file, and in my web.config I refer to version 4.0.0.1. 

Can the root to this be wrong version of ASP.NET MVC 4 in my server? I have a newer version on my local than on my server.

Kind regards

//Daniel

Aug 05, 2015 13:46
Vote:

Finally I got this to work =)

I updated System.Web.Mvc to the latest version, which is 5 and something. After that the error message dissapeared.

Now, I succed to enter episerver GUI, but in edit mode it's all left blank when clicking on CMS > Edit.

In admin mode, an error appear when I try edit something. I believe some episerver dll might be missing. I can see in the control panel that I have EPiServer Shared 1.1.1996.0. At my local machine I've got 

1.1.1997.0. How can that be? Aren't all version updates suppose to be handled by the DLL:s?

Aug 05, 2015 14:28
Vote:

The following error is shown in dev-tools:

"TypeError: Cannot read property 'label' of undefined". It refers to widgets.js and dojo.js.

Not coming closer to a solution in this case. =/

Aug 05, 2015 15:46
Vote:

About MVC it's wise to make sure you get it from Nuget and that the reference points to /packages folder.

In my working 8.11 I have:

<package id="Microsoft.AspNet.Mvc" version="5.2.3" targetFramework="net45" />
  <package id="Microsoft.AspNet.Providers.Core" version="2.0.0" targetFramework="net45" />
  <package id="Microsoft.AspNet.Razor" version="3.2.3" targetFramework="net45" />
  <package id="Microsoft.AspNet.WebPages" version="3.2.3" targetFramework="net45" />

Aug 05, 2015 16:31
Vote:

Hi Johan,

thanks for your answer.

Can you explain what you mean by "reference points"? In my packages.config it looks as follows:

<package id="Microsoft.AspNet.Mvc" version="5.2.3" targetFramework="net451" />
<package id="Microsoft.AspNet.Providers.Core" version="2.0.0" targetFramework="net451" />
<package id="Microsoft.AspNet.Razor" version="3.2.3" targetFramework="net451" />
<package id="Microsoft.AspNet.WebPages" version="3.2.3" targetFramework="net451" />

Aug 05, 2015 16:54
Vote:

If you view the properties of for example System.Web.Mvc below References in your project and look at the Path row it should contain a path for the Packages folder inside your solution.

I think the solution to your problem is more likely something in Web.config. Try setup a fresh MVC site using the Visual Studio add-on  New project -> EPiServer etc and compare it's Web.config to yours.

Aug 05, 2015 17:11
Vote:

The thing is, that I got it all working locally on my machine, but not on the server. What I've done is publishing and moving the release version to my server. 

The problem regarding system.web.mvc I did succeed to resolve earlier on today. 

I would argue that something differ between local machine and server. What that might be, I'm unfortunaly clueless at the moment.

Aug 05, 2015 17:33
Vote:

Thanks for your previous input Johan.

The solution was, as you mentioned to point the references to the package DLLs instead of the ones in the bin directory.

//Daniel

Aug 07, 2015 13:00
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.