Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer 9 - Onpageedit for shortcuttype Fetch content from page

Vote:

Hi,

The problem I'm trying to solve is having a "global" page and then using "Fetch content from other page" (using the same pagetype) to make the page exist in multiple places in the pagetree, while also being able to override the "global" properties of the page with local, which is what Fetch content from other page enables, just that I can't get onpageediting to work with it.

Is there a way to make onpageediting work while the page is having the "shortcuttype" set to "Fetch content from page"? The onpage editing fields themself is there in the adminview, just disabled (i guess to prevent confusion?).

I have tried overriding the iversionable_shortcut property but with no luck as ShortcutBlock is an internal type, but I guess there might be a better and more proper way?

Oct 26, 2015 8:40
Vote:

This is a part of the EPiServer UI to not enable On Page editing when it's a shortcut.

If you want to change this I'd suggest that you start looking at the javascripts to see whether this is something you can override by creating your own DOJO addon

Nov 02, 2015 12:21
Vote:

Hi,

Thank you for the answer, do you have any other suggestions on solving the problem other than creating a DOJO addon?

The problem is to have multiple sites and on top of it having a "global" pagestructure outside the sites (in all languages) where the local sites can fetch both full pages and parts of the pages content  from, while also being able to create pages of their own (below those "fetched" pages). 

Basically if there is any preferable way to emulate the "Fetch content from page" or any other suggested way to get a similar result.

Nov 02, 2015 13:26
Vote:

If you want to prevent changing EPiServer UI, try to recreate the "Fetch Content From" having your own property to select where content comes from.

Nov 03, 2015 10:55
Vote:

Thanks for the replies, I'll do the recreation solution most likely as it feels like it's the more proper way of doing this

Nov 05, 2015 8:53
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.