Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Deploy Visual Studio project

Vote:

I'm about to start deploying a site made from starting a new project in Visual Studio. So far Deployment Center has not been introduced. My question now is how to get Deployment Center to recognize the site? Should I add a site via Deployment Center and then have it replaced by my site and database or is there a more correct way to go about?

Jun 02, 2014 21:20
Vote:

Hi,

EpiServer Deployment Center is not needed for EPiServer 7.5 and higher.
Ted Nyberg wrote a great blog post about EPiServer project templates in Visual Studio: http://tedgustaf.com/blog/2014/4/installing-episerver-cms-75/

I'm not sure what you mean by "Deploy Visual Studio project".
If you want to transfer the website from your local machine to test / staging / prod server, all you have to do is to:

- backup/restore database on remote server
- xcopy application files
- update .config files

Jun 03, 2014 0:55
Vote:

Deployment Center will only recognize the site if it's set up in the IIS. Using the deployment center is as Dejan said not needed in 7.5 or higher but i could help you set up the site (in IIS) with correct access rights to the folders on disk and help you set up the database. But you could do this on your own as well. Else it's just as Dejan says to restore you db and copy over your files.

Jun 03, 2014 7:19
Vote:

Aha, great news! Are the access rights documented somewhere?

Jun 03, 2014 20:31
Vote:

Hi,

Offical documentation: link (page 14)

I recently answered a similar question here: link

Jun 03, 2014 20:43
Vote:

Oh, sorry. I meant access rights in IIS.

Jun 03, 2014 21:07
Vote:

Hi,

As far as I know, EPiServer 7.5 doesn't require any special configuration in IIS.

I use ApplicationPoolIdentity and default values for Permissions.

I had some problems with web.config file in IIS 8.5, but that was solved thanks to Valdis: link

Jun 03, 2014 21:17
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.