Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

I am getting Error - More than one content model is assigned the guid

Vote:

Hello!   I am getting Error "More than one content model is assigned the guid 7e932eaf- .....

I know why I am getting it. I had one namespace (example Project1) and that I changet it (to Project2). But in database I still have all my Page types, blocks with first namespace. Thats why I am getting this oene error. Its important to have new namespace. How can I fix this ?  Any ideas ?  

Oct 01, 2014 11:11
Vote:

Hi,

It looks like you accidentally assigned same GUID to two strongly typed types. Take the guid in the exception and find in entrire solution to see which types are using that, then change one of them.

Regards

/Q

Oct 01, 2014 12:29
Vote:

@Quan Mai right, I have one page type (StartPage with GUID) in database (table [tblContentType] namespace Project1) but then I changed Project Name and now I have namespace Project2. So I have the same page type StartPage with the same GUID but with new namespace. So how can I fix this? I guess I can Replase Namespace in database , but I am not shure that this will fix my error.

Oct 02, 2014 15:58
Vote:

Have you tried to add a MigrationStep as described in http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/EPiServer-CMS/75/Content/Refactoring-content-type-classes/

Oct 02, 2014 16:48
Vote:

Why don't you just change the GUID of StartPage? It's easiest option, is there anything prevent you from doing that?

Other option should be go to Administration view and delete the old start page type.

Regards.

/Q

Oct 02, 2014 16:59
Vote:

@Johan Björnfot  , @Quan Mai Thanks guys! I choosed the easiest way: changed GUID :)

Oct 02, 2014 18:05
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.