Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Serving static resources from a cookieless domain

Vote:

A common step in optimizing sites is to make sure all static resources (images, css, javascript) are served from a cookieless domain, i.e. a subdomain to the main site which the browser won't send cookies to. I wonder how to set this up using EPiServer? I guess one approach would involve setting up a handler that intercepts all requests to static resources and rewrite them to the subdomain?

Jun 13, 2012 1:56
Vote:

If you want to serve them from a cookie-free domain you can't use access rights for the files.

One approach would be to do a custom url-rewriter and rewrite the paths for static files and switch between, let's say, 5 subdomains and add those as hostheaders to the site.

This way you don't get cookie-free, but a poor mans CDN :)

If you want to serve the files really fast you should serve them as static files straight from IIS and not through a handler.

Jun 13, 2012 9:53
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.