Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Getting a document-link from a linkItemCollection

Vote:

Hi!

I'm using a linkItemCollection to enable the admin to select a number of pages on the site. I then converts this to a pageDataCollection to get at the data for further use. So far so good.

The problem is when the admin selects a page that has a shortcut enabled to a external site, shortcut to external site but points it to a internal document or selects a document . Then the convertion to pageData naturally fails.

Any Ideas how I can get the links to external site/internal document in a pageDataCollection from a linkItemCollection?

The method I previously used on the LinkItemCollection was .ToPageDataCollection().

Apr 11, 2012 12:10
Vote:

Hi,

This is not possible. I would consider this as a bug in the edit control for linkitemcollection.

One solution is to store the external link in a seperate property.

Apr 11, 2012 13:11
Vote:

You got same problem if you create a link to another page in EPi too, not just external links.

Apr 11, 2012 13:12
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.