Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Video service not working

Vote:

I've registered for an EPiServer Development Video Service Account.

I was given a CDNProvider configuration block and I copied it to my web.config.

Using the Relate+ Upload video control, after selecting the video file and putting the required fields, and then clicking on "UPLOAD," the browser just reads and status would be "Waiting for videogallery.episerver.com..." And after exactly a minute, the popup will just disappear as if nothing happened.

Can't debug this one because I think processing is done within the RelatePlus:VideoPostRewriter. can't find anything from the log viewer either. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this one?

Thanks.

Aug 08, 2011 8:35
Vote:

Follow up on this one. If anyone can give some feedback, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Aug 11, 2011 2:18
Vote:

Tried this on two separate machines and results were the same.

It was because of the windows firewall on my machine. Disabling the standard Windows Firewall temporarily lets me upload a video.

Still waiting for a response from EPiServer support on what exactly do I need to allow on the firewall. I'll update this thread once I get a response.

Or if someone knows what to allow on the firewall for the video service, that would be great.

Aug 17, 2011 3:45
Vote:

Although my firewall is checked to Notify me when Windows Firewall blocks a new program, it does not notify me in this instance.

Aug 17, 2011 3:46
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.