Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Ajax in CMS 6

Vote:

I've tried for some time now to sort out a problem with AJAX on our site and I'm more or less desperate to sort this out once and for all.

After a little hustle I got AJAX running but in the meantime I must have messed up some handlers becuase since then some parts of the edit mode has stopped working (the "Start"-tab - online center or whatever it's called -, the search function in the top right corner and the links option in the reports area to mention a few). I've tried to get them back but with no success. Either AJAX works or I loose the functions I mentioned above.

Now I've created a new site where I can implement AJAX from scratch and I'm hoping to be able to copy those sections of web.config to our real site. So to begin, what's the easiest way to implement AJAX on the public templates? I can't find any notes on it.

Aug 04, 2011 11:18
Vote:

Solved it! Easier than ever. Just had to move <add name="UrlRoutingHandler" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="*" path="UrlRouting.axd" type="System.Web.HttpForbiddenHandler, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/> to the top.

Aug 04, 2011 12:57
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.