Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Using EPiServer Authentication in my App

Vote:

I have tried alot of methods to try and get my MVC app to show inside my EPiServer Online Centre, but i cant. It just will not show any pages. I'm stuck

So, my next question, is can i authenticate in EPiServer, then somehow load my MVC app and still be authenticated and also know what Roles the user has?

Any help on getting my MVC app into the online centre or the question above would be great

Thanks

Jul 29, 2011 12:50
Vote:

Hi Shona,

There is a great tech note (found under documentation for CMS) which talks about what you need to do to get your gadget to show up in the Online Center. have you looked at it? It's called "Gadgets - Developer tutorial". Follow that and tell us which step you get stuck on and we can try to help you from there.  

Btw, are you using CMS 6 R2 or CMS 6 R1? 

Edited, Jul 29, 2011 16:37
Vote:

Hi,

it is not a gadget that im creating, consider it a stand-alone website - i think the term maybe Shell Module?, but i want to be accessible through EPiservers login / authentication.

I have had success with an MVC 1.0 app, but when trying to use an MVC3 app it seems the controllers are not picked up.

i have EpiServer CMS 6 (not R2).

Jul 29, 2011 16:59
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.