Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to check EPiServer version of website?

Vote:

Hi,

Someone's asking me what specific version of our EPiServer site we're using.

How could I check the actual version of CMS, relate, and Mail we're using right now? Where could I check it?

Thanks.

Jul 08, 2011 3:53
Vote:

The title bar of the CMS edit mode should give you the version info of the site, at least the CMS version. Otherwise you could always check the dll:s in the bin folder or the assembly-redirects in web.config.

Jul 08, 2011 7:13
Vote:

Thanks Linus

Jul 11, 2011 7:43
Vote:

May 16, 2016 9:50
Vote:

In more recent versions, Edit mode only shows: EPiServer CMS - Edit, but Admin mode title does include the version.

May 16, 2016 13:47
Vote:

For these cases we usually giving some authorized endpoint (somestimes it does matter what version of your own app is installed):

public class VersionController : Controller
{
    [Authorize(Roles = "CmsAdmins")]
    public ContentResult Index(string assemblyName)
    {
        var fvi = FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo(Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Location);
        var version = fvi.FileVersion;

return new ContentResult { Content = "Current version: " + version };
    }
}
May 16, 2016 15:38
Vote:

The method used to display title (mentioned by Marija) is available as public, static:

EPiServer.UI.Edit.MasterPages.Frameworks.Framework.CreatePageTitle((string) null, LocalizationService.Current)

and could be reused in your VersionController:

public class VersionController : Controller
{
    [Authorize(Roles = "CmsAdmins")]
    public ContentResult Index(string assemblyName)
    {
        return new ContentResult { Content = "Current version: " + Framework.CreatePageTitle(null, LocalizationService.Current) };
    }
}
May 16, 2016 22:26
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.