Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer MVC 3 - When and how?

Vote:

Hello!

I am quite surprised there aren't more discussions regarding future versions of EPiServer, preferrably built on MVC 3. Is it because it will hurt to much for existing installations to upgrade? 

I am right now working on a project where we evaluate different CMSs, if we should upgrade our existing EPiServer 4.61 or if we should go for something else. All our other projects right now are using MVC 3 and we have adopted a BDD/TDD way of building these apps. If we would select EPiServer 6 R2 it feels like going back a couple of years with webforms and writing functionality without tests. I know there are some initiatives around this to put on top of EPi, but the thought of being dependent on these external module is not totally positive.

Would you guys go for the PageTypeBuilder/epimvc approach or should we just sit and wait on the next EPi version?

Jul 01, 2011 9:55
Vote:

Have you considered using an MVP approach to enable you to unit test your code?

Aug 19, 2011 12:59
Vote:

As you may know already, MVC3 and typed pages is coming in the next version as an alternative to the current model (along with other good stuff of course). If you are passionate in this area I would contact EPiServer and ask to be a pilot customer, better than sitting and waiting :)

Aug 19, 2011 14:09
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.