Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Reading the EPiServer Logs...

Vote:

Hello

First post from me* so please be gentle :-)

Our site has twice recently suffered application errors for periods of about 12 minutes. The site is available but pages are not being served so users will see one of our custom error pages. Not sure how this gets resolved but the site suddenly starts to work again.

So I'm trying to interpret the EPiServer logs. Here is an example line from the logs:

2011-06-11 10:29:47,471 INFO [18] EPiServer.UI.Util.PixelImg.SendLogMessage - Page|/_LM_W3SVC_2_ROOT/1/<...URI...>/Application-error|209||wq1vxf35vwu3xt45cigue145|<page user has come from I presume>||

Does anyone know of a tool I can use to read these logs or just a reference to what they actually mean, for example the number in the square brackets.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

*not strictly true as I originally posted this on the CMS 5 R2 forum earlier today but realsied I should have logged my query on here perhaps?

Jun 22, 2011 17:27
Vote:

The PixelImg is just there to track visitors. Nothing to worry about I would say. I do not know a tool that parses these logs though.

Except send it in to Developer Support of course ;)

Jun 22, 2011 21:16
Vote:

Thanks Toni.

I'm not a developer for an EPiServer Partner so I don't think I have access to Developer Support unfortunately, but thanks for the info.

Steve

Jun 23, 2011 11:36
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.