How do you force EPiServer to give up its language URL prefix?

Vote:
 

I have a v6 R1 installation that is really, really reluctant to give up the "/en/" in the URLs. It was set in error, during development, and now the client wants them out of the URLs.  The setting has been made in episerver.config -- I've confirmed that uiShowGlobalizationUserInterface is false.

However, URLs keep getting rendered with the "/en/" in them.  I've rebuilt the Web addresses from Admin Mode too -- doesn't matter.  It just won't give up this language prefix.

#51824
Jun 23, 2011 17:17
Vote:
 

Have you tried setting the language in episerverframework.config?

add name="site.com" language="en"

If you browse to site.com it shouldn't display the en postfix. 

#51826
Jun 23, 2011 18:40
Vote:
 

I added this, but I still have the same problem.  It only happens on some pages.  I've run the "Rebuild Web Addresses" job, but it didn't help.

#51848
Jun 24, 2011 16:03
Vote:
 

So it shows /en/ on links to those pages? Does every page on that list contain /en/ or just a few?

#51849
Jun 24, 2011 16:48
Vote:
 

Jeff helped me fix it -- I still had Swedish enabled.  If you have more than one language enabled, EPiServer tries to put that prefix in there.  Once I disabled Swedish, it works fine.

This still doesn't explain some of the inconsistency of it -- it was only on some pages, and not others.  But, it's fixed nonetheless.

#51851
Jun 24, 2011 17:37
Vote:
 

Yeah I have no idea why changing the EPiServerFramework.config didn't fix the issue completely. None-the-less, nice to hear you fixed it :)

#51852
Edited, Jun 24, 2011 17:38
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.