Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Missing tabs in Edit Mode

Vote:

Hello everybody!

I'm working on a project that uses EpiServer CMS 5. After a painful migration from IIS7 to IIS6, i have the site running perfectly, but I still have one problem,  when in Edit Mode the only tab available is "Edit", no "View" or "Workflow" or any other. I have googled but there seems not be much information about this issue. Is it a setting I'm missing? I'm logged in as Windows Admin.

Thanks in advance,

/Kenia

May 24, 2011 11:44
Vote:

My guess is that you're missing some configuration bits. Make sure that the <location> tags are set up correct. Same goes for the modules and http handlers.

May 24, 2011 11:54
Vote:

After the migration I have checked the config files MANY times and everything seems to be right, as far as I can see, since I'm pretty new to EpiServer. Can you be more specific on the settings to check?

Edited, May 24, 2011 12:12
Vote:

May 24, 2011 12:36
Vote:

Be sure that you have all required .dll-files in the bin-folder aswell. (Compare to another installation)

May 24, 2011 13:21
Vote:

Hello again, and thanks for your replies.
This project has several pages created in the tree structure, and after a while i realized this about the tabs missing happened in most of the pages but not in all of them, so it seems it was nothing related to the configuration but to the way the pages were created by the editor. Now out of curiosity i wonder how you can achieve this about having only the "Edit" tab available when you create a page. Any thoughts?

Regards,

/Kenia

May 25, 2011 8:43
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.