Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Importing page types

Vote:

Hi,

I tried searching in google and in this forum, but I can't get a relevant link saying how to do a page type import.

Is there a clever way to import page types in EPiServer CMS 6 R2? I created new page types on my local machine and I need to transfer it to another website on another server. Is there an automated functionality of doing this? Or do I manually have to recreate it on the other machine?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Jan

Apr 20, 2011 4:20
Vote:

Using built-in functionality:
On local site: Go to Admin mode --> Tools --> Export data --> Export your page type and save export file.
On another server site: Go to Admin mode --> Tools --> Import data --> Import your page type by specifying file created above.

Another approach is to use PageTypeBuilder to define your page types and properties in code.

Apr 20, 2011 9:02
Vote:

Be aware though that import/export does not include the template file (.aspx) that the page type references. So if the tempalte file (the .aspx file) does not exist on the other machine it has to be manually copied. 

Apr 20, 2011 10:20
Vote:

Thanks guys!

Apr 29, 2011 2:18
Vote:

So how would we deploy the page template aspx files to our production site?

In our case EPiServer is hosting the production site and we haven't found a Windows Explorer drag and drop functionality to transfer our files.

Thank you :-)

Feb 10, 2012 17:11
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.