Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Dynamic Content

Vote:

Hi,

Can we have multiple instance of a dynamic content in a single epi server page?

for ex: we have created user control for rendering dynamic content and used this usercontrol as dynamic content in content area1 of flexible page. Can we use same dynamic content in Content area2 of flexible page, if yes then how?

Note: we have faced problems when we tried to use same dynamic content more than once in same episerver page(Flexible page) in different content areas.

Thanks,

Apr 05, 2011 12:02
Vote:

Sure, you can have as many dynamic content instances for the same or different xhtml-strings. What is the problem you are experiencing?

Apr 05, 2011 12:34
Vote:

I have different child user controls in Main User control which is used for rendering Dynamic content. When i assign properties to first instance(which interally assigns to child user control) then my second instance of dynamic content get effected at runtime .If i used only one instance everything works fine. How to resolve this?

Apr 05, 2011 14:02
Vote:

How do you store the settings for the user control? If you create new User Controls for each dynamic content and assign properties to them stored as local variables or possible View State it should work fine.

Apr 05, 2011 16:06
Vote:

i have created usercontrol as settings.ascx and created properties in order to store settings and this controls is used for settings.

I am not creating new user controls for dynamic content, instead i am loading the same user control and assigning the properties which are set in settings control and the problem is not with settings but rendering of dynamic content.

i have tried of using two different instance of different dynamic contents(Dsample1,Dsample2) and it works as expected.

with out created new user controls for each dynamic content(Dsample1,Dsample1) is it possible to have multiple instances of dynamic content (same )in same episerver page? 

Note: Dynamic content Dsample1 and Dsample1 have different settings.

Apr 05, 2011 22:39
Vote:

Hi again!

I was unclear with "creating new user controls". What I actually meant was instantiating/loading new user controls which is what you seem to do. This should work but it's hard to see what's wrong without seing the code. I suggest that you start a new support case if you need help on this.

Apr 06, 2011 7:15
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.