Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Get a list of page files from the file manager

Vote:

I'm trying to list the page files of a certain page and I found this blog post. http://labs.episerver.com/en/Blogs/Allan/Dates/111319/111320/File-Selection-Drop-Down-List/ When I use "SiteDocuments", like Allan does in his example code, everything works great. However, when changing to "SitePageFiles" I get an empty list. The code runs and says the directory exists but I don't get a list of the 7-8 files that are located in the pages folder.

Any ideas?

Mar 22, 2011 9:22
Vote:

As stated in the end of the article, page files are different and you can get the PageFolderID (which is part of the path) from the corresponding PageData object.

Mar 22, 2011 10:15
Vote:

Yeah, what I don't get about that is how to use it in the code. What part should I change?

Mar 22, 2011 10:26
Vote:

Something like this: Get the folder ID and append it to the directory path:

var id = (int)(CurrentPage["PageFolderID"] ?? 0);

var pageFolderName = VirtualPathUtility.AppendTrailingSlash(id.ToString());

var path = VirtualPathUtilityEx.Combine(provider.VirtualPathRoot, pageFolderName);

if (provider.DirectoryExists(path))

{

UnifiedDirectory vdir = (UnifiedDirectory)provider.GetDirectory(path);

Mar 22, 2011 10:36
Vote:

I was looking at a similar code while I waited for a reply and I can't find what namespace to use for VirtualPathUtilityEx. Can you help me out?

Mar 22, 2011 10:43
Vote:

VirtualPathUtilityEx is in EPiServer.Web (Assembly: EPiServer.Framework in CMS 6) and VirtualPathUtility is in System.Web.

Edit: Assembly name

Edited, Mar 22, 2011 10:44
Vote:

I was hoping that EPiServer.Web wouldn't be the answer. I've already added that. :/

Mar 22, 2011 10:46
Vote:

How do I know if I'm using the CMS6 assembly?

Edit: Never mind, I found it.

Edited, Mar 22, 2011 10:52
Vote:

If you have it referenced, it's for CMS 6 (it didn't exist in CMS 5)

Mar 22, 2011 11:00
Vote:

Exactly, that's what I'd forgotten.

The code I'm using right now is this. It says the directory doesn't exist and skips the adding of the files. Should the PageFolderID be the same as the PageID? In this case they aren't.

VirtualPathUnifiedProvider provider = (VirtualPathUnifiedProvider)VirtualPathHandler.GetProvider("SiteGlobalFiles");
var id = (int)(CurrentPage["PageFolderID"] ?? 0);
var pageFolderName = VirtualPathUtility.AppendTrailingSlash(id.ToString());
var path = VirtualPathUtilityEx.Combine(provider.VirtualPathRoot, pageFolderName);

if (provider.DirectoryExists(path))
{
 UnifiedDirectory vdir = (UnifiedDirectory)provider.GetDirectory(path);
 DDL1.DataTextField = "Name"; //Show the filenames in the dropdown list
 DDL1.DataValueField = "VirtualPath"; //And keep their virtual path as the key
 DDL1.DataSource = vdir.GetFiles();
}
this.DataBind();

Mar 22, 2011 11:05
Vote:

Does the folder exist for the page in question? It is only created if the editor has selected to do so, so quite possibly many pages could be lacking a page folder.

Mar 22, 2011 11:06
Vote:

Yes, the folder exists but I noticed it still said SiteGlobalFiles instead of SitePageFiles.

Thanks a million for all your help!

Mar 22, 2011 11:08
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.