Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Bulk Updates

Vote:

Re.: Version 4

I have been given several spreadsheets from a client that contain the pageid, a property name and the new property value.  So I need to either update the property or insert the new value for the property.  I have the sql that performs the update, which locates the tblProperty and the tblWorkProperty and updates these values of if these records do not exist then I create them, plus I locate the latest published version of the WorkProperty from querying the WorkPage table ... but my changes are visible on my publishing site but not visible on my live site; unless I physically re-publish the page from within EpiServer ... this is not acceptable as there is over 3000 pages to update.
(Note I have recycled my cms site and my website but still no changes are visible except on my publishing site, which I presume merely looks at the unpublished data rather than the published data)
Can someone explain what I am missing when doing a direct bulk update of published data, maybe a flag or clearing of some strange cache or a date field.
(Note ... I am assuming I can perform a sql update on the published data so it reflect on my live site without the need to physically press any buttons from within my EpiServer portal)

Cheers

Oct 21, 2011 17:07
Vote:

Hi Billy!

All version data ends up in tblWorkpage and tblWorkProperty but when a version is published the data is copied to tblPage and tblProperty so you need to update both tblWorkProperty and tblProperty in your case.

Oct 24, 2011 7:08
Vote:

You can in fact do a publish through SQL, if you call the procedure editPublishPageVersion. I jumped of joy when I found out =)

And if you combine that with a loop, you can publish 3000 pages in no time.

Good luck!

Dec 02, 2011 1:37
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.