Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Developing Reports on the Report Center

Vote:

I need to develop enhanced versions of the standard reports included in the report center. I have followed the beginners advice at http://world.episerver.com/Articles/Items/Create-Your-Own-Reports-in-the-New-Report-Center/ and researched the code at https://www.coderesort.com/p/epicode/browser/EPiCode.ReportCenter.Reports/5.x?rev=1425&order=name
to learn about getting started with the report center, however I have not been able to find anything else.

I am not sure where to start on coding as the source code for the standard reports is not available. Why is this? Surely it would benefit the whole community if this code was made available so that we could learn from them and post enhancements for them. If this is not possible, I would appreciate any advice anyone could give me on replicating the functionality of the standard reports. Thank you in advance.

Jan 20, 2011 11:58
Vote:

EPiServer don't obfuscate their code, so Reflector and the EPiServer assemblies are the best place to start if you want source code. The source for the built in reports can be found in the EPiServer.UI assembly in the EPiServer.UI.Report.Reports namespace

Jan 20, 2011 15:30
Vote:

Just create a regular aspx page containg the stuff you want to display in your report. (A gridview, a repeater or whatever)

Let your class inherit from Simplepage and tag your class with:
[GuiPlugIn(Area = PlugInArea.ReportMenu, DisplayName = "My report", Url = "~/the/path/to/your/file.aspx")]

What kind of report are you trying to create?

Jan 21, 2011 8:23
Vote:

Thanks David. Is there a way to extract the source markup aswell? Included in the GuiPlugin parameters is for example

UrlFromUi ="Report/Reports/PublishedPages.aspx"

This runs okay, but if I change it to 

Url ="~/Report/Reports/PublishedPages.aspx"

then it can no longer find the resource (404). So it is difficult to know where it is getting the markup file from. 

Jan 21, 2011 13:09
Vote:

Install the template files, and you can find them here:

C:\Program Files\EPiServer\CMS\5.2.375.236\Application\UI\Report\Reports   or:

C:\Program Files\EPiServer\CMS\6.0.530.0\Application\UI\CMS\Report\Reports

Edited, Jan 21, 2011 13:59
Vote:

Thanks, this contains the c# files aswell. No need for reflector after all :-)

Jan 21, 2011 15:04
Vote:

I've been looking for the c# files and cant seem to find them, I'm running version 6 at the moment, did you use a different installation package?

Thanks in advance.

Jul 19, 2012 10:43
Vote:

There are no C# files in my 6 R2 installation path (C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS\6.1.379.0\Application\UI\CMS\Report\Reports) I guess you need to use reflector to get the code. 

Jul 20, 2012 0:00
Vote:

Thans Bodahl, I'm just going by Kevins feedback since he mentioned there's no need for reflector. I'm wondering if it was version 5.

Thanks for your response.

Stefan

Jul 20, 2012 9:14
Vote:

I am using EpiServer CMS 6.  The .aspx files are under C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS\6.0.530.0\Application\UI\CMS\Report\Reports however the .cs files are not there so I can't remember why I said they were at the time.

Jul 20, 2012 9:39
Vote:

No problem I'll go down the reflector route. Thanks guys. Stefan
Jul 20, 2012 9:40
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.