Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Mirroring

Vote:

Hi All,

I am trying to Mirror an existing episerver website to a new one. Basically i want a copy of existing website with different URL.

I am new to Episerver, any ideas around this?

Jun 01, 2010 13:10
Vote:

If you want to get a copy of a website, the easiest way is to do a database backup and restore. Eg. If you want to set up a new site on your local computer. Just get a database backup from the environment your site is running, and restore it in your local environment. If you change the connectionstring.config file to point to your new database, the site will be running and it will be accessible at the url http://localhost  You probably want to change the siteUrl setting in the sitesettings tag in the episerver.config file as well.

If you want to keep your site running where it is, just change the url in the config file. You just need to make the change in episerver.config mentioned above. And depending on the environment, you might have to change the host header information in IIS.

Jun 02, 2010 9:43
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.