Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Edit On Page - Access rights

Vote:

Hi

what is the minimum access right to an editor that can edit on page but not publish ?

when i disable publish the edit on page is disabled ( not show in the menu)

Jun 02, 2010 15:48
Vote:

Hi!

Since edit on page only supports re-publishing a page (and not only saving a page) the editor needs to have publish rights to get access to this functionality.

Regards
Linus Ekström
EPiServer Development Team

Jun 03, 2010 9:06
Vote:

10x for the answer

can i add/change edit on page that will support save and view instead or with it. is that possible ?

Jun 06, 2010 17:48
Vote:

I think u cant edit a page with it save and view  rights.

Jun 07, 2010 12:47
Vote:

I have one question, how can i assign pages to any specific group?

Jun 07, 2010 13:07
Vote:

hi

i want to investigate how can add Save and not save and publish

i saw in reflector that i can only send "publish" and "Edit" 

to these class OnPageEditControl  and the onpageedit

can i add a different on page Edit Control ? that will support save only ?

Jul 21, 2010 18:45
Vote:

Hi!

The on page save functionality is kind of nested and hard to adjust at the moment. The only kind of easy solution to replace the publish functionality with save would be to replace the SavePageHandler for a base template page that you use for the page templates in your solution. If you inherit from the EPiServer.Web.PageExtensions.SaveCurrentPage class, do an override to the SavePage() method, set the RequestedSaveAction property to SaveAction.Save and then call base.SavePage() the page should be saved instead of published. Note that the constructor of your custom save page handler needs to call the base constructor as well. You can change the save page extension in the contructor of your page template base class like this:

public MyPageTemplateBaseClass(MyCustomSavePageHandler, SaveCurrentPage)

(this will enable MyCustomSavePageHandler and disable SaveCurrentPage)

What needs to be considered before trying this out is that the user behaviour will be a bit odd when just replacing publish with save. When saving the page the page will return to normal mode which will be the last published version. This will the the original version and the user will have no notification that the page has been saved with a new version. The only way to see and continue to work with this page version will be to go to edit mode and find it from there.

Regards
Linus Ekström

Aug 17, 2010 9:09
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.