Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Diamonds with questionmarks in attributes

Vote:

Hi,

We're developing a new site and using the built in WYSIWYG editor that ships with EPi. It renders diamonds in Firefox for element attributes, like

align=�left�

It isn't an encoding issue since we can use " anywhere else in the content. It's just when EPi renders these attributes that Firefox somehow put these diamonds around the value, which of course breaks its function.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Viktor

May 04, 2010 16:42
Vote:

Use the XHTML-string instead of the long string property.

May 04, 2010 19:50
Vote:

I am.

It's in a custom property which inherits PropertyXhtmlString and PropertyLongStringControl

May 05, 2010 10:42
Vote:

Hmm, never seen this with the xhtml-string property. Is there any difference between CurrentPage["PropertyName"], CurrentPage.Property["PropertyName"].Value, CurrentPage.Property["PropertyName"].ToWebString() and <episerver:property propertyname="PropertyName" runat="server" /> ?

May 05, 2010 12:26
Vote:

The thing is, I'm storing multiple values in a XML document string using PropertyXhtmlString. If i set a breakpoint just before rendering the values, I'm seeing no garbage characters at all, they just magically appears in Firefox.

May 05, 2010 12:33
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.