Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Error with custom page types

Vote:

I have run into this weird problem with my custop page types. I don't know exactly when the problem appeared, but it may have been due to me doing some internal restructuring of the web site project(s), including renaming of namespaces, et cetera. Description:

1. In normal view mode everything works as expected.

2. When editing a page, pressing the "Save and Publish" button, i get an error message of type System.NullReferenceException ("object not set to an instance of an object"), but everything is stored as expected.

3. Now, the imortant part: The object tree is not showing child pages appropriately, hovering ov er the offending pages gives a "null" tooltip where page id, page type, etc., should appear. I connect this to #2, there is obviously some invalid or missing reference somewhere. But as I mentioned, in regular view mode everything works fine.

I have looked in the database for hours, but I couldn't find anything abnormal. All pages have a fkPageTypeId that exists in tblPageType, which seemed like the most obvious explaination. But I really don't know...

Any ideas, anyone ?

Mar 06, 2010 16:54
Vote:

Update:

Question: would it be that EPiServer may display a page without being able to get hold of its page type definition - just by selecting the actual exixting property values ? Could this be the reason why pages are nicely displayed while page tree & editor indicates problems ?

Mar 06, 2010 17:08
Vote:

It seems like the problem is with IE. When I use Firefox, I don't have a problem at all. Now, the reason only my custom page types are affected, is that I've included some script functionality. Which, obviously, creates problems for the entire EPiserver UI. That's a theory, at least....

Or - anybody believe I'm mistaken ?

Mar 07, 2010 22:54
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.