Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Determining if a page is being moved from the recycle bin

Vote:

In Global.asax.cs I need a way to figure out whether a page is being moved from the recycle bin to some other place in the tree. The only possible way to detect this as far as I know is to traverse the tree all the way up to see if it goes to PageReference.StartPage or PageReference.WasteBasket.

Is there any better way?

Mar 25, 2010 13:33
Vote:

All I can say is that I sympathize, because I've had this same problem, and I couldn't find a decent solution to it.

In the PageMoving event, there's a TargetLink property.  You can check if this is PageReference.WasteBasket.  This seems like it would work, but I've always had trouble with it.

I can't remember the last time I wrestled with it, but I think that the e.Page item is null when something is coming out of the Wastebasket.

I do remember that I finally gave up and just told my users to republish pages after moving from from the wastebasket, so my PagePublishing code would run.

Apr 17, 2010 16:29
Vote:

e.TargetLink.CompareToIgnoreWorkID(ContentReference.WasteBasket)

Apr 06, 2018 15:49
Vote:

You can cast the eventargs to MoveContentEventArgs and then check the property MoveContentEventArgs.OriginalParent and compare if it is equal to wastebasket

Apr 09, 2018 9:04
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.