Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Changing tabs in EditTree

Vote:

Hey!

I'm building a plugin for EPiServer CMS 5 which has PlugInArea.EditTree which makes it render in EditTree. This is all good and works like charm.

However, when I click the tab "MyCustomPlugin" in the EditTree, I'd like to load a page in the EditPanel without first having to click a link in the EditTree.

Possible? Suggestions?

Thanks!

Mar 04, 2010 9:20
Vote:

The solution was to add a javascript that loads the page in the EditPanel. Like so:

if (top.EditPanel) { top.EditPanel.location='YourWhateverPage' }

Cheers. :)

Mar 05, 2010 10:47
Vote:

I had the same requirement and your solution solved it... THANKS.

But after been redirected to said page, we are not been able to open any other page from structure tab in EditPanel.

Did you face the similar problem???

Apr 13, 2010 13:17
Vote:

What base class, masterpage etc do you use for your edit panel page? For the interactions to work between the edit tree and other parts of edit mode there are some javascripts loaded into several of the different frames. If your page is expected to have some scripts it doesn't it will kill the interaction.

Edited, Apr 13, 2010 13:35
Vote:

My Edit Panel page is a normal .aspx page without any inheritance from Episerver classes.

If i had to inherit from any episerver class, please let me know

Apr 13, 2010 13:46
Vote:

I think this blog post could point you in the right direction, SystemPageBase and EPiServerUI.Master work the same way in CMS 5.

Apr 13, 2010 14:20
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.