Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Running Multiple EPiServer Sites through the same IIS Site

Vote:

My client is running Windows XP Pro with IIS6.  They need to develop locally, and have multiple sites in EPiServer.

IIS6 only allows a single Web site.  Is this possible?

Any attempt to run two EPiServer sites through the same IIS site results in:

Application is initialized with settings for siteId="Site1", but current request maps to siteId="Site2"

If this won't work, then is it possible to have multiple sites in Cassini?

Feb 09, 2010 18:59
Vote:

You can use a tools like EasyIIS or IISAdmin to stop/start your various sites on Windows XP. Unfortunately only one can run at a time.

Feb 09, 2010 23:24
Vote:

I haven't tried this myself, but there's a piece of software called MultiSite Filter Version 2 which claims to being enable multiple website support (simultaneous) in Windows XP / IIS. How it might pan out with EPi... no idea. :)

http://www.hairy-spider.com/multisite.aspx

My take on it as that you suggest upgrading to Win7 or run Windows Server 2003/2008 in a virtual environment (VirtualPC or VMWare) where they can do all their awesome EPi-deving. :)

Cheers!

Feb 10, 2010 9:13
Vote:

You can go for Mutiple virtual directories within a single website and create separate apllication pools for that to improve the performance.

lakshmi narayanan

Feb 23, 2010 6:35
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.