Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

VirtualPathMappedProvider doesn't work as expected

Vote:

Hi!

I need to make some changes to the VersionListControl.ascx. So, I faced with the same problem described in

http://world.episerver.com/Templates/Forum/Pages/thread.aspx?id=30740. However, all my actions have no effect - I still get the same core control.  Here is the web.config part:

<add showInFileManager="false" virtualName ="Mapped Files" virtualPath="~/ui/edit/VersionListControl.ascx" name ="MappedFiles" type="EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathMappedProvider,EPiServer"/>

<add name="UIFiles" virtualPath="~/UI/" physicalPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS\5.2.375.236\application\ui" type="EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathNonUnifiedProvider,EPiServer" />

<virtualPathMappings>

<add url="~/ui/edit/VersionListControl.ascx" mappedUrl="~/Templates/UICustomization/Edit/VersionListControl.ascx" />

</virtualPathMappings>

Could you tell me what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Nov 02, 2010 12:52
Vote:

Hi,

are you using CMS6? In that case the path to the file is probably includes ui/CMS/Edit. Also, you should probably remove at least the VersionListControl.ascx part from the virtualPath of the actual provider (and correct it to ui/CMS/Edit)

Nov 02, 2010 13:10
Vote:

Thank you for the answer!

I'm not using CMS6, you could see the core version the last post: "C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS\5.2.375.236\application\ui". There's no folder "CMS" under "UI" folder.

Nov 02, 2010 13:15
Vote:

Ah, sorry, I didn't look at that post :) But have you tried removing the file name from the provider? Also, have you checked the order of the mapping VPP compared to the VPP containing the default files?

Nov 02, 2010 13:18
Vote:

>But have you tried removing the file name from the provider?

Yes, I tried different ways ...

>Also, have you checked the order of the mapping VPP compared to the VPP containing the default files?

I don't understand what did you mean. Could you explain this to me, please?

Nov 02, 2010 13:35
Vote:

Oh, I understood what you mean! Thats working now! Thanks a lot, Magnus!

Nov 02, 2010 13:47
Vote:

Great!

Nov 02, 2010 13:48
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.